Lufkin in Angelina County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Erected 1936 by State of Texas. (Marker Number 6981.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments series list. A significant historical month for this entry is May 1953.
Location. 31° 20.184′ N, 94° 43.638′ W. Marker is in Lufkin, Texas, in Angelina County. Marker is on Charlton St. east of Third Street, on the right when traveling east. In Louis Bronaugh Park. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lufkin TX 75901, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Site of Martin Wagon Company (approx. 0.2 miles away); Kerr's Inc. (approx. ¼ mile away); KRBA-AM Radio Station (approx. ¼ mile away); Site of Rehearsal Hall for The Hoo Hoo BandCalder (Cotton) Square (approx. ¼ mile away); The Depot Explosion and Mystery (approx. ¼ mile away); Lufkin Telephone Exchange (approx. ¼ mile away); Lufkin Foundry and Machine Company (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lufkin.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on April 17, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. This page has been viewed 1,332 times since then and 60 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 17, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.