Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”

Phillipsburg in Warren County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Presbyterian Manse

Circa 1862

 
 
Presbyterian Manse Marker image. Click for full size.
By Alan Edelson, May 7, 2010
1. Presbyterian Manse Marker
Inscription.  Constructed as a home for clergy (Rev. Townsend) for the Phillipsburg Presbyterian Church in 1858; a magnificent stone structure then located at "Main and Market Streets".

The Manse was sold to attorney John F. Dumont in 1883 and has been used primarily as law offices since. It was the last office of Hon. Frank S. Thompson, Esq., NJ Assemblyman (1942) and State Committeeman (1952).
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings.
 
Location. 40° 41.404′ N, 75° 12.088′ W. Marker is in Phillipsburg, New Jersey, in Warren County. Marker is on South Main Street (County Road 678) near Randall Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Phillipsburg NJ 08865, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. S.A. Comstock Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Winter & Co. (within shouting distance of this marker); Stites - Thomas Store (within shouting distance of this marker); Bluestone Sidewalks (within shouting distance of this marker); Lander-Stewart Mansion
Presbyterian Manse image. Click for full size.
By Alan Edelson, May 7, 2010
2. Presbyterian Manse
(within shouting distance of this marker); Stites-Lander Townhouse (within shouting distance of this marker); Phillipsburg & South Main Street (within shouting distance of this marker); Bullman Street Stairway (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Phillipsburg.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on May 9, 2010, by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. This page has been viewed 656 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on May 9, 2010, by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement
Nov. 23, 2020