Columbia in Richland County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1938 by The Columbia Sesquicentennial Commission of 1936. (Marker Number 40-47.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Military • Notable Places. In addition, it is included in the Former U.S. Presidents: #07 Andrew Jackson series list. A significant historical date for this entry is June 2, 1917.
Location. 33° 59.347′ N, 80° 58.398′ W. Marker is in Columbia, South Carolina, in Richland County. Marker is at the intersection of Devine Street (U.S. 76/378) and Wildcat Road, on the right when traveling west on Devine Street. Located where Garner's Ferry Road changes name to Devine Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Columbia SC 29209, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured Woodlands and Millwood (approx. half a mile away); Redfern Field / Paul R. Redfern (approx. 1.3 miles away); Paul R. Redfern (approx. 1.3 miles away); 100th Inf Division (approx. 1˝ miles away); Early Columbia Racetrack (approx. 1.6 miles away); 26th Inf Division (approx. 1.8 miles away); Curtiss-Wright Hangar (approx. 1.8 miles away); Darby Field (approx. 1.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Columbia.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 24, 2020. It was originally submitted on May 16, 2010, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,468 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 16, 2010, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.