Near Bardstown in Nelson County, Kentucky — The American South (East South Central)
Rogers Station, 1780
Erected 2000 by Kentucky Historical Society / Kentucky Department of Highways. (Marker Number 820.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Political Subdivisions • Settlements & Settlers • War, US Revolutionary. In addition, it is included in the Kentucky Historical Society series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1775.
Location. 37° 48.648′ N, 85° 32.061′ W. Marker is near Bardstown, Kentucky, in Nelson County. Marker is at the intersection of Boston Road (U.S. 62) and Airport Road (State Road 2737), on the right when traveling west on Boston Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Bardstown KY 40004, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow Cedar Creek Baptist (approx. half a mile away); The First Cedar Creek Baptist Church (approx. one mile away); Rowan-Chambers Duel (approx. 3.1 miles away); Saint Joseph Cathedral / Diocese of Bardstown (approx. 3.4 miles away); Edgewood (approx. 3˝ miles away); Bethlehem Academy (approx. 3˝ miles away); Spalding Hall (approx. 3˝ miles away); Saint Thomas Farm (approx. 3˝ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bardstown.
Regarding Rogers Station, 1780. Colonel James Rogers was also instrumental in the founding of the First Cedar Creek Baptist Church, as described by the "Cedar Creek Baptist" marker located approximately 1/2-mile West of this marker.
1. I married Lisa Rogers in June of 1980. She is the daughter of Edward Rogers
Edward Rogers was the G.G.G.G. grandson of John Rogers architect and one of the organizers and founders of St. Josephs Cathedral in Bardstown, Ky. Edwards wife was Lois Young Rogers. The Youngs were original charter members of Cedar Creek Baptist Church in Nelson Co., Ky. Edward and Lois built their home less than 1/3 mile from Rogers Station at the entrance to Hubbards Ln. After spending many years tramping over all the land
— Submitted December 9, 2011, by Alan H. Woodring of Winchester, Ky..
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on May 21, 2010, by Lee Hattabaugh of Capshaw, Alabama. This page has been viewed 2,492 times since then and 244 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 21, 2010, by Lee Hattabaugh of Capshaw, Alabama. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.