Johnson City in Blanco County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Gillespie and Comal Counties.
Created February 12, 1858
Organized April 12, 1858
Named for the stream which
traverses the region.
County seat, Blanco City,
Johnson City, since.
Erected 1936 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 426.)
Location. 30° 16.678′ N, 98° 24.686′ W. Marker is in Johnson City, Texas, in Blanco County. Marker is on Pecan Avenue, on the left when traveling east. Marker is on the south grounds of the county courthouse. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 101 E Pecan Avenue, Johnson City TX 78636, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Blanco County Courthouse (a few steps from this marker); Blanco County Veterans Memorial Flagpole (within shouting distance of this marker); 1894 Blanco County Jail (within shouting distance of this marker); James Polk Johnson Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Dr. James F. Barnwell Dr. James Odiorne (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); First Baptist Church (about 600 feet away); L. B. J. Boyhood Home (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Johnson City.
Also see . . . Blanco County. (Submitted on June 3, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Government & Politics • Political Subdivisions • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for Blanco County.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 3, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 663 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 3, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.