Near Lufkin in Angelina County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Site of the town of Homer
Third county seat of
1858 - 1890
Erected 1936 by State of Texas. (Marker Number 7004.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments series list.
Location. 31° 17.202′ N, 94° 38.286′ W. Marker is near Lufkin, Texas, in Angelina County. Marker is on Farm to Market Road 326, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 5265 FM 326, Lufkin TX 75901, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Homer Cemetery (approx. 0.6 miles away); Huntington (approx. 3.8 miles away); Whitehouse Cemetery (approx. 4.8 miles away); Site of the Town of Jonesville (approx. 4.8 miles away); Lindsey Springs Logging Camp (approx. 5 miles away); Fairview School (approx. 5 miles away); City of LufkinSouthland Paper Mills, Inc. (approx. 5.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lufkin.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on June 7, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. This page has been viewed 1,075 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 7, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.