Near Port Clinton in Ottawa County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
41° N. Latitude
of the Connecticut Western Reserve.
Conveyed to the United States, September 11, 1786
Erected 1967 by The Early Settlers Association of the Western Reserve, Cleveland, Ohio.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Political Subdivisions. A significant historical date for this entry is September 11, 1882.
Location. 41° 34.437′ N, 82° 51.41′ W. Marker is near Port Clinton, Ohio, in Ottawa County. Marker is on East Moores Dock Road, 0.1 miles west of North Cliff Road, on the left when traveling west. This historical marker is located northeast of Port Clinton, on the west side of the Catawba Island peninsula, in the Catawba Island State Park. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 4032 East Moores Dock Road, Port Clinton OH 43452, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Lockwood (approx. 3 miles away); South Bass Island Light (approx. 3.9 miles away); World's Shortest Airline (approx. 4˝ miles away); Veterans Memorial This Memorial (approx. 5.4 miles away); Port Clinton Light Station (approx. 5.7 miles away); "Lightkeepers" (approx. 5.7 miles away); American Expedition 1813 (approx. 5.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Port Clinton.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 22, 2020. It was originally submitted on June 9, 2010, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 1,366 times since then and 59 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on June 9, 2010, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. 2. submitted on October 20, 2020, by Craig Doda of Napoleon, Ohio. 3. submitted on June 10, 2010, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.