Chloride in Mohave County, Arizona — The American Mountains (Southwest)
"Oldest Silver Mining Town in Arizona"
Chloride was served by the Butterfield Stage from 1898 to 1919 and the Santa Fe Railroad from 1898 to 1933.
Chloride lives on today with local citizens proud of its history.
Erected 1996 by Lost Dutchman Chapter 5917, E Clampus Vitus.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Natural Resources • Notable Places. In addition, it is included in the E Clampus Vitus series list.
Location. 35° 24.795′ N, 114° 11.956′ W. Marker is in Chloride, Arizona, in Mohave County. Marker is on 2nd Street, on the left when traveling south. Marker is in city park on Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Chloride AZ 86431, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Arizona and Utah / Western Arizona Railway (within shouting distance of this marker); Metcalf Baker - Andrew Judson (approx. 0.4 miles away); a different marker also named Chloride (approx. 3˝ miles away); Mineral Park (approx. 6.3 miles away); Cerbat (approx. 9.3 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on June 13, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 1,538 times since then and 49 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on June 13, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. 5. submitted on August 7, 2010, by Lester J Letson of Fresno, California. 6. submitted on June 13, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. 7. submitted on August 7, 2010, by Lester J Letson of Fresno, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.