Boydton in Mecklenburg County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Boydton Presbyterian Church
Erected 2001 by The John Goode Chapter, National Society Colonial Dames XVII Century.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the The Colonial Dames XVII Century, National Society series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1820.
Location. 36° 40.101′ N, 78° 23.127′ W. Marker is in Boydton, Virginia, in Mecklenburg County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Hull Street (Virginia Route T-1204) and Cemetery Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Boydton VA 23917, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Boydton and Petersburg Plank Road (within shouting distance of this marker); Boyd Tavern (approx. 0.2 miles away); Boydton Mecklenburg County Confederate Monument (approx. 0.2 miles away); a different marker also named The Boyd Tavern (approx. 0.3 miles away); Boydton Academic and Bible Institute (approx. 1.2 miles away); Taylor's Ferry (approx. 1.2 miles away); Old Randolph-Macon College (approx. 1.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Boydton.
Credits. This page was last revised on February 3, 2020. It was originally submitted on June 14, 2010, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia. This page has been viewed 689 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on June 14, 2010, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia.