New Glarus in Green County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Herbert O. Kubly
Erected 1999 by Wisconsin Historical Society. (Marker Number 434.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Arts, Letters, Music • Communications. In addition, it is included in the Wisconsin Historical Society series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1956.
Location. 42° 48.991′ N, 89° 38.116′ W. Marker is in New Glarus, Wisconsin, in Green County. Marker is at the intersection of 2nd Street and 4th Avenue, on the left when traveling north on 2nd Street. The marker is in front of the New Glarus Village Hall. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 319 2nd Street, New Glarus WI 53574, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. New Glarus (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Old Lead RoadPrimrose Lutheran Church (approx. 4.8 miles away); Nickolaus Gerber (approx. 5.3 miles away); Lake Montesian (approx. 5.3 miles away); Green's Prairie Cemetery (approx. 5.8 miles away); Early Belleville / Library Park (approx. 6 miles away); Robert M. La Follette: The Early Years (approx. 7.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New Glarus.
Also see . . . N.Y. Times Article. His obituary published in the New York Times (Submitted on June 30, 2010.)
Credits. This page was last revised on December 30, 2019. It was originally submitted on June 21, 2010, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 727 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 21, 2010, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.