Milford in Pike County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Formed March 26, 1814 from Wayne County and named for Zebulon M. Pike. Its bluestone and lumber, carried by D & H Canal and by Erie R.R., helped build our nation. Famed for its natural beauty. Near Milford, the county seat, is Gov. Pinchot's Grey Towers.
Erected 1981 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Political Subdivisions. In addition, it is included in the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission series list. A significant historical date for this entry is March 26, 1850.
Location. 41° 19.462′ N, 74° 48.055′ W. Marker is in Milford, Pennsylvania, in Pike County. Marker is at the intersection of Broad Street (U.S. 6) and East High Street, on the left when traveling east on Broad Street. The marker is located on the front lawn of the Pike County Courthouse. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 412 Broad Street, Milford PA 18337, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Dr. Wm. B. Kenworthey House (a few steps from this marker); Pike County Court House (within shouting distance of this marker); World War MemorialMerritt A. Quinn (within shouting distance of this marker); Civil War Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Judge John Biddis (within shouting distance of this marker); Terwilliger House (within shouting distance of this marker); Ebenezer Warner House (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Milford.
Also see . . . Pike County PA - History & Heritage. County website entry (Submitted on January 14, 2022, by Larry Gertner of New York, New York.)
Credits. This page was last revised on January 15, 2022. It was originally submitted on June 22, 2010, by PaulwC3 of Northern, Virginia. This page has been viewed 635 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 22, 2010, by PaulwC3 of Northern, Virginia.