Niantic in New London County, Connecticut — The American Northeast (New England)
A.D. 1664 – 1647
Thus, many years later did John Winthrop the Younger, Governor of Connecticut refer to the marriage solemnized near this spot, during that brief period when he was a Massachusetts magistrateat Pequot, now New London, and Bride Brook was the accepted boundary between his jurisdiction and the Saybrook Colony.
Descendants of Lieutenant Jonathan Rudd
Erected 1925 by Descendants
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1664.
Location. 41° 19.023′ N, 72° 14.585′ W. Marker is in Niantic, Connecticut, in New London County. Marker is at the intersection of West Main Street (Connecticut Route 156) and Liberty Way, on the right when traveling west on West Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Niantic CT 06357, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. East Lyme (approx. 2.6 miles away); East Lyme Veterans Memorial (approx. 2.7 miles away); East Lyme Honor Roll (approx. 2.7 miles away); Old Lyme (approx. 4˝ miles away); Old Lyme Veterans Memorial (approx. 4˝ miles away); Waterford (approx. 5.9 miles away); American Legion Post 113 Memorial (approx. 6 miles away); Old Saybrook (approx. 6.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Niantic.
Also see . . .
1. Lieutenant Jonathan Rudd on ancestry.com. (Submitted on June 27, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.)
2. Jonathan Rudd of Saybrook, CT on ancestry.com. (Submitted on June 27, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on June 27, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. This page has been viewed 1,126 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 27, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.