Newtown in Bucks County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
by Anthony Siddons,
became headquarters of
the American General
after the battle of Trenton
December 26, 1776
Erected 1950 by Bucks County Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers • War, US Revolutionary. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) series list. A significant historical month for this entry is December 1890.
Location. 40° 13.656′ N, 74° 56.21′ W. Marker is in Newtown, Pennsylvania, in Bucks County. Marker is on State Street, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 107 S State Street, Newtown PA 18940, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Loyalist Raid of 1778 (a few steps from this marker); February 9, 1778 (a few steps from this marker); Bird in Hand (within shouting distance of this marker); The First National Bank Newtown - County Seat (within shouting distance of this marker); Half-Moon Inn (within shouting distance of this marker); Whitehall (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); White Hall (about 300 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Newtown.
Also see . . . History of Newtown Borough. (Submitted on June 28, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on December 4, 2019. It was originally submitted on June 28, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 852 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 28, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.