Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Knoxville in Knox County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
 

Site of Fort Adair

 
 
Site of Fort Adair Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Donald Raby, June 27, 2010
1. Site of Fort Adair Marker
Inscription.  
Site of Fort Adair, built in 1788 by John Adair, Revolutionary soldier.
Used as depot of supplies for the early settlers.

Erected by Bonny Kate Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution, 1924.
 
Erected 1924 by Bonny Kate Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution.
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Forts and CastlesSettlements & SettlersWar, US Revolutionary. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1788.
 
Location. 36° 1.578′ N, 83° 55.644′ W. Marker is in Knoxville, Tennessee, in Knox County. Marker is on Broadway Street (U.S. 441) north of Adair Drive, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 4816 N Broadway St, Knoxville TN 37918, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Fort Adair (here, next to this marker); Mary Frances Housley (approx. ¼ mile away); Fountain City United Methodist Church (approx. ¾ mile
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
away); Fountain City Schools (approx. one mile away); Savage Garden (approx. 1.1 miles away); Mt. Fuji (approx. 2.2 miles away); William E. Peters House (approx. 2.6 miles away); Mr. Anderson's Log College (approx. 3.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Knoxville.
 
Regarding Site of Fort Adair. John Adair is buried nearby in Lynnhurst Cemetery on Adair Drive.
 
Fort Adair Marker and DAR Stone image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Donald Raby, July 3, 2010
2. Fort Adair Marker and DAR Stone
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on January 14, 2024. It was originally submitted on July 2, 2010, by Donald Raby of Knoxville, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 1,183 times since then and 69 times this year. Photos:   1. submitted on June 27, 2010, by Donald Raby of Knoxville, Tennessee.   2. submitted on July 4, 2010, by Donald Raby of Knoxville, Tennessee. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=32531

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
May. 20, 2024