Cedar Park in Travis County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
John M. King Log House
This small one and one-half story log house on Cypress Creek in northwest Travis County could have been built as early as 1859. John M. King bought the property from John Robey in 1879 and indicated there was a dwelling on it at that time. King (1816-1918), a farmer from Alabama, and his family occupied the home until 1917. The log house later was purchased by legislative lobbyist Jack Dies (d. 1942), who entertained many Texas politicians here.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1984
Erected 1984 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 14429.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1859.
Location. 30° 27.515′ N, 97° 51.095′ W. Marker is in Cedar Park, Texas, in Travis County. Marker can be reached from Farm to Market Road 2769 west of Anderson Mill Road, on the right when traveling west. Marker is located in the Twin Creeks Historic Park. Parking is at the south end of the trail in the Twin Creeks Golf Maintenance Center off FM-276. From Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Cedar Park TX 78613, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Cypress School (approx. 1.1 miles away); Anderson’s Mill (approx. 2.2 miles away); Cedar Park Cemetery (approx. 3.8 miles away); Pond Springs Cemetery (approx. 3.8 miles away); Cedar Chopping in Central Texas (approx. 4 miles away); Cedar Park (approx. 4˝ miles away); Jolly Cemetery (approx. 4.9 miles away); Jollyville Community and School (approx. 5 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cedar Park.
Credits. This page was last revised on February 11, 2021. It was originally submitted on April 4, 2010, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 2,775 times since then and 145 times this year. Last updated on July 5, 2010, by James R. Kuntz of Warrenton, Missouri. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on April 4, 2010, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.