Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Morristown in Morris County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Saint Peterís Church

 
 
Saint Peterís Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Coughlin, July 5, 2010
1. Saint Peterís Church Marker
Inscription.  The churches of Medieval England inspired the design of this gothic revival edifice by architects McKim, Mead, and White. Built 1887 – 1911, it replaced an 1828 structure. Features include English stained glass, a 49-bell carillon, a rood screen of Spanish design, a skinner organ, and a Tiffany window.
 
Erected by Morris County Heritage Commission.
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & ReligionNotable Buildings. In addition, it is included in the New Jersey, Morris County Heritage Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1887.
 
Location. 40° 47.611′ N, 74° 28.679′ W. Marker is in Morristown, New Jersey, in Morris County. Marker is at the intersection of South Street (County Route 124) and Miller Road, on the right when traveling south on South Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Morristown NJ 07960, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Morristown World War I Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Dr. Lewis Condict House (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Church of the Assumption
Morristown Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Coughlin, July 5, 2010
2. Morristown Marker
Click or scan to see
this page online
(about 800 feet away); Thomas Nast (approx. 0.2 miles away); MacCulloch Hall (approx. 0.2 miles away); Sansay House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Continental Army Encampments (approx. 0.2 miles away); Dublin (approx. ľ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Morristown.
 
Also see . . .
1. Historic Markers/Historic Preservation. Morris County Heritage Commission. (Submitted on July 5, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey.) 

2. Details of the carillon - Tower Bells, the world of tower bells. (Submitted on September 5, 2020, by Carl Scott Zimmerman of Kirkwood, Missouri.)
 
Marker on South Street image. Click for full size.
By Bill Coughlin, July 5, 2010
3. Marker on South Street
Saint Peterís Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Coughlin, July 5, 2010
4. Saint Peterís Church Marker
Saint Peterís Church image. Click for full size.
By Bill Coughlin, July 5, 2010
5. Saint Peterís Church
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on September 9, 2020. It was originally submitted on July 5, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 614 times since then. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on July 5, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey.

Share This Page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=32676

Paid Advertisement
May. 7, 2021