Greenfield in Milwaukee County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Bodamer Log Cabin
Built in 1832, this was one of Greenfield’s first log cabins. It was dismantled, brought to this site and restored by the Greenfield Historical Society, and dedicated as a museum September 7, 1969.
Erected by Wisconsin Council for Local History. (Marker Number 93.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Notable Buildings • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical date for this entry is September 7, 1843.
Location. 42° 57.543′ N, 87° 59.053′ W. Marker is in Greenfield, Wisconsin, in Milwaukee County. Marker is on West Layton Avenue, ¼ mile east of South 60th Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 5569 West Layton Avenue, Milwaukee WI 53220, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Land Survey of 1836 / Greenfield’s 1836 Greenery (approx. 0.3 miles away); Greenfield: The Last Town in Milwaukee County (approx. 1.1 miles away); Village of Greendale (approx. 1.3 miles away); "Rockwell Plaza" (approx. 1.3 miles away); Greendale's 'Backward Houses' A "Greenbelt Community" (approx. 1.3 miles away); This Historic Two-Story Building Was Built In 1938 (approx. 1.3 miles away); An Ideal Location (approx. 1.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Greenfield.
Regarding Bodamer Log Cabin. Wisconsin Registered Landmark #93
Also see . . . Milwaukee County Landmarks: Greenfield. Milwaukee County Historical Society website entry (Submitted on February 27, 2022, by Larry Gertner of New York, New York.)
Credits. This page was last revised on February 27, 2022. It was originally submitted on July 10, 2010, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 926 times since then and 82 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 10, 2010, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.