Taft in San Patricio County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Taft Agricultural Industrial Complex
As the company plan came to fruition, settlement and land values increased and the company realized a profit as it began selling off all of its holdings. Once solely a company town, Taft soon became diversified as the company presence gradually disappeared. Some of the industrial complex facilities
Erected 1991 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 5189.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Horticulture & Forestry • Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1900.
Location. 27° 58.772′ N, 97° 23.972′ W. Marker is in Taft, Texas, in San Patricio County. Marker is at the intersection of U.S. 181 and Packing House Avenue, on the right when traveling north on U.S. 181. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Taft TX 78390, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Chat Work Club (approx. 7½ miles away); Gregory (approx. 7.6 miles away); Joseph French Green and La Quinta Mansion (approx. 7.6 miles away); Gregory Schools (approx. 7.8 miles away); Odem Building (approx. 7.8 miles away); Plymouth Oil Company and Plymouth Oilers (approx. 7.9 miles away); First United Methodist Church of Sinton (approx. 8 miles away); Courthouses of San Patricio County (approx. 8.1 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on October 24, 2020. It was originally submitted on July 11, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. This page has been viewed 763 times since then and 27 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 11, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. 3. submitted on June 22, 2016, by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.