Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Millington in Morris County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Millington Schoolhouse #74

 
 
Millington Schoolhouse #74 Marker image. Click for full size.
By Alan Edelson, July 12, 2010
1. Millington Schoolhouse #74 Marker
Inscription.  Built in early 19th century as one room school. Classes held continuously until 1926. Addition added 1910. Since 1928 used as Passaic Township Hall. Public school classes discontinued in 1933.
 
Erected by Morris County Heritage Commission.
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: EducationNotable Buildings. In addition, it is included in the New Jersey, Morris County Heritage Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1926.
 
Location. 40° 40.552′ N, 74° 31.139′ W. Marker is in Millington, New Jersey, in Morris County. Marker is on Long Hill Road, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Millington NJ 07946, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Millington Railroad Station (approx. ¼ mile away); Frederick W. Schmidt (approx. half a mile away); Morris County (approx. 0.9 miles away); Signal Beacon #11 (approx. 1.1 miles away); Vail Family (approx. 1.1 miles away); Sentinel Elms
Millington Schoolhouse #74 Marker image. Click for full size.
By Alan Edelson, July 12, 2010
2. Millington Schoolhouse #74 Marker
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 1.2 miles away); Village of Stirling (approx. 1.3 miles away); Kennedy-Martin-Stelle Farmstead (approx. 1.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Millington.
 
Millington Schoolhouse #74 image. Click for full size.
By Alan Edelson, July 12, 2010
3. Millington Schoolhouse #74
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 13, 2010, by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. This page has been viewed 609 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on July 13, 2010, by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.

Share This Page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=32987

Paid Advertisement
May. 9, 2021