Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”

Madison in Morris County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Mead Hall

1836

 
 
Mead Hall Marker image. Click for full size.
By Alan Edelson, July 12, 2010
1. Mead Hall Marker
Inscription.  Greek Revival mansion, built by William Gibbons, part of estate, "The Forest". Purchased 1868 by Daniel Drew for Drew Theological Seminary. Mansion named for Roxanne Mead Drew.
New Jersey Register of Historic Places
 
Erected by Morris County Heritage Commission.
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: EducationNotable Buildings. In addition, it is included in the New Jersey, Morris County Heritage Commission series list.
 
Location. 40° 45.75′ N, 74° 25.46′ W. Marker is in Madison, New Jersey, in Morris County. Marker can be reached from Madison Avenue, on the right when traveling east. Located on the grounds of Drew University. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Madison NJ 07940, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within one mile of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Francis Asbury (within shouting distance of this marker); Bottle Hill Tavern (approx. 0.3 miles away); Sayre Homestead (approx. 0.4 miles away); James Madison (approx. 0.6 miles away); Bethel A.M.E. Church
Mead Hall image. Click for full size.
By Alan Edelson, July 12, 2010
2. Mead Hall
(approx. 0.6 miles away); Miller's Station (approx. ¾ mile away); First Presbyterian Church of Chatham Township (approx. 0.9 miles away); Boisaubin House (approx. 1.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Madison.
 
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. To better understand the relationship, study each marker in the order shown.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 13, 2010, by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. This page has been viewed 730 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on July 13, 2010, by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement
Sep. 22, 2020