Prescott in Yavapai County, Arizona — The American Mountains (Southwest)
In 1930, Prescott schools were bursting at the seams, and Lincoln School, which was designed to accommodate 200 students, had an enrollment of 420. By that time, the west side of Prescott was "an established residential area growing larger by the day" and the decision was made to build an additional building on the southern portion of the campus at Lincoln School This building, too, was designed in a traditional
In 1999 Lincoln School held its 90th birthday celebration, with many former teachers and students in attendance. Part of the celebration included a May Pole Dance, a Lincoln School tradition, and a flag ceremony. As Prescott's second elementary school, Lincoln School holds an important place in the history of the community. Lincoln School is listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
Erected by City of Prescott.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Education • Notable Buildings. A significant historical month for this entry is July 1930.
Location. 34° 32.437′ N, 112° 28.643′ W. Marker is in Prescott, Arizona, in Yavapai County. Marker is on Park Avenue near Coronado Avenue, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 201 Park Avenue, Prescott AZ 86303, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Pauline Weaver (approx. ¼ mile away); Pioneer Trail and Monument (approx. ¼ mile away); Site of Curtis Hall/ (approx. ¼ mile away); Arizona Pioneers' Home (approx. 0.3 miles away); a different marker also named Arizona Pioneers' HomeGranite Creek (approx. 0.3 miles away); a different marker also named Pauline Weaver (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Mulvenon Building (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Prescott.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 14, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 748 times since then and 54 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 14, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.