Prescott in Yavapai County, Arizona — The American Mountains (Southwest)
Site of Curtis Hall/
Curtis Duplex & Curtis Cottages
Around 1884, the Curtis brothers also built three "cottages" along South McCormick Street to the north and south of the Curtis Duplex. These early Territorial frame cottages were a good example of blue-collar housing in Prescott in the 1880s. Although greatly
Erected by City of Prescott.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1864.
Location. 34° 32.454′ N, 112° 28.374′ W. Marker is in Prescott, Arizona, in Yavapai County. Marker is on South McCormick Street south of Beach Avenue, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 125 South McCormick Street, Prescott AZ 86303, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Pauline Weaver (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Granite Creek (about 400 feet away); a different marker also named Pauline Weaver (about 400 feet away); The Mulvenon Building (about 600 feet away); The Palace Saloon (approx. 0.2 miles away); Whiskey Row (approx. 0.2 miles away); Prescott's Beginnings: The First Mining District in Yavapai County (approx. 0.2 miles away); Montezuma Street (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Prescott.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 14, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 625 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 14, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.