Greendale in Milwaukee County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Village of Greendale
Erected 2000 by State Historical Society of Wisconsin. (Marker Number 460.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Wisconsin Historical Society marker series.
Location. 42° 56.562′ N, 87° 59.751′ W. Marker is in Greendale, Wisconsin, in Milwaukee County. Marker is at the intersection of Northway and Broad Street, on the right when traveling west on Northway. Marker is in front of Greendale Village Hall. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 6500 Northway, Greendale WI 53129, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Bodamer Log Cabin (approx. 1.3 miles away); Boyhood Home of Jeremiah Curtin Wisconsin's Lime Industry (approx. 1.4 miles away); The Land Survey of 1836 / Greenfield’s 1836 Greenery (approx. 1˝ miles away); Greenfield: The Last Town in Milwaukee County (approx. 1.6 miles away); Janesville Plank Road (approx. 1.7 miles away); St. Mary’s Church and Cemetery (approx. 1.9 miles away); Turn of the Century Business District (approx. 2˝ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Greendale.
Also see . . . The History of Greendale, Wisconsin. Greendale, Wisconsin had its beginnings in 1936, when the United States Department of Agriculture began construction of three new communities known as the Greenbelt towns. In addition to Greendale, Wisconsin, the other two towns are Greenbelt, Maryland and Greenhills, Ohio. (Submitted on July 21, 2010, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin.)
Topics. This marker is included in these topic lists: Notable Places • Settlements & Settlers
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 18, 2010, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 796 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 18, 2010, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.