Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”

Williams in Coconino County, Arizona — The American Mountains (Southwest)
 

Old Post Office

 
 
Old Post Office Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, July 8, 2010
1. Old Post Office Marker
Inscription.  Beginning in 1926, this vintage 1907 building served as the U.S. Post Office for 36 years. This was one of the many structures built by Cormick E. Boyce, who arrived in 1881 as a freight hauler and became one of the area's leading merchants and ranchers. He was known as "The man who built Williams,"
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. In addition, it is included in the Postal Mail and Philately series list.
 
Location. 35° 15.035′ N, 112° 11.282′ W. Marker is in Williams, Arizona, in Coconino County. Marker is on Bill Williams Avenue / Route 66 west of North 1st Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 133 West Route 66, Williams AZ 86046, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Black and White Cleaners (a few steps from this marker); Adam's Grocery (within shouting distance of this marker); Duffy Brothers Grocery Store (within shouting distance of this marker); Citizens Bank (within shouting distance of this marker); Dime Store
Old Post Office Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, July 8, 2010
2. Old Post Office Marker
(within shouting distance of this marker); Lebsch Confectionery (within shouting distance of this marker); Tetzlaff Building (within shouting distance of this marker); The Cabinet Saloon (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Williams.
 
Old Post Office image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, July 8, 2010
3. Old Post Office
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 21, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 852 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on July 21, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement
Sep. 20, 2020