Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”

Heath in Rockwall County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Heath Methodist Church

 
 
Heath Methodist Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By Amanda Hartley, June 12, 2010
1. Heath Methodist Church Marker
Inscription.  Founded in 1890 at a site just south of town, this church originally was named Bethel Methodist Episcopal Church, South. The congregation and the church building moved to Heath between November 1909 and March 1910, and the original building was replaced by 1916. Circuit-riding ministers served the members for many years. The congregation became an integral part of the community. They moved into a new building in 1974, and called their first full-time pastor in 1981. The church continues to serve its community with a variety of ministries.
 
Erected 1991 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 6145.)
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion.
 
Location. 32° 50.301′ N, 96° 28.587′ W. Marker is in Heath, Texas, in Rockwall County. Marker can be reached from Smirl Drive (Farm to Market Road 1140). Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Rockwall TX 75032, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Sterling Rex Barnes (approx. 0.2 miles away); Anderson Family Cemetery
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
(approx. 4.3 miles away); James and Margaret Loving (approx. 4.9 miles away); Chisholm Cemetery (approx. 5.7 miles away); Tripp Baptist Church (approx. 5.8 miles away); Brooklyn Lodge No. 386, A.F. & A.M. (approx. 5.8 miles away); Hillcrest Cemetery (approx. 5.9 miles away); Long Creek Cemetery (approx. 6 miles away).
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 22, 2010, by Amanda Hartley of Tyler, Texas. This page has been viewed 726 times since then and 15 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on July 22, 2010, by Amanda Hartley of Tyler, Texas. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
 
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Wide area view of the marker and its surroundings. • Photo of the church. • Can you help?
Paid Advertisement
Jul. 15, 2020