Clarkdale in Cobb County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Coats & Clark Thread Mill
1931 – 1983
Erected 2009 by Cobb County Community Development Agency.
Location. 33° 49.917′ N, 84° 39.3′ W. Marker is in Clarkdale, Georgia, in Cobb County. Marker is at the intersection of Newark Street SW and Newark Avenue SW, on the right when traveling west on Newark Street SW. The marker stands just to the right of the entrance Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Clarkdale GA 30111, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Clarkdale Historic District (within shouting distance of this marker); Clarkdale Mill Village Historic District (approx. 0.3 miles away); Causey - Maxham House (approx. 2½ miles away); Sweet Water Town Site (approx. 2.8 miles away); Hardee's Corps at Powder Springs (approx. 3½ miles away); Ross' Headquarters (approx. 3.7 miles away); 16th A.C. to Roswell (approx. 4.2 miles away); Schofield's Headquarters (approx. 4.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Clarkdale.
Topics. This marker is included in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • War, World II
Credits. This page was last revised on January 3, 2020. This page originally submitted on July 23, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,782 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on July 23, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.