Passaic in Passaic County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
first took command of the
American Army July 3rd 1775.
Planted by the
Chapter D.A.R. 1932
Erected 1932 by Daughters of the American Revolution, Aquackanonk Landing Chapter.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 40° 51.296′ N, 74° 7.301′ W. Marker is in Passaic, New Jersey, in Passaic County. Marker can be reached from River Drive, on the left when traveling north. Marker is located on the grounds of Ss. Peter and Paul Catholic Church. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Passaic NJ 07055, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. George Washington (here, next to this marker); Daughters of the American Revolution (within shouting distance of this marker); Soldiers and Sailors Monument (within shouting distance of this marker); The Land Upon Which We Pray (within shouting distance of this marker); Post Grave Monument Henry Garritse (within shouting distance of this marker); The Blanchard House (within shouting distance of this marker); General John J. Pershing (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Passaic.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. See the elm tree in Cambridge, Mass., mentioned on the marker, where Gen. Washington first took command of the Continental Army.
Topics. This marker is included in this topic list: War, US Revolutionary
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 24, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 771 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 24, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.