Preston in Caroline County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Site of Frazier’s Chapel
Preston, Maryland, 1785
Erected by Maryland Historical Society.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Francis Asbury, Traveling Methodist Preacher series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1849.
Location. 38° 42.792′ N, 75° 54.53′ W. Marker is in Preston, Maryland, in Caroline County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (Maryland Route 331) and Harmony Road (Maryland Route 16), on the left when traveling south on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Preston MD 21655, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Preston (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Linchester Mill (approx. one mile away); The Underground Railroad (approx. one mile away); Linchester (approx. one Linchester Mill (approx. 1.1 miles away); Mt. Pleasant Cemetery (approx. 1.1 miles away); Mt. Pleasant M. E. Church (approx. 1.1 miles away); Leverton House (approx. 1.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Preston.
Credits. This page was last revised on February 24, 2020. It was originally submitted on November 6, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,497 times since then and 46 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 6, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.