Refugio in Refugio County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Our Lady of Refuge Catholic Church
Correction: The school and convent of Our Lady of Refuge Parish were built in 1939-40. The complex was dedicated March 31, 1940.
Erected 1994 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 3886.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion.
Location. 28° 17.642′ N, 97° 16.653′ W. Marker is in Refugio, Texas, in Refugio County. Marker is on South Alamo Street (Business State Highway 77) near West Roca Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1008 SAlamo Street, Refugio TX 78377, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other Site of Mission Nuestra Señora del Refugio (here, next to this marker); Yucatan Soldiers' Burial Site (within shouting distance of this marker); Dennis M. O'Connor Public Library (approx. 0.2 miles away); Colonel A. M. Hobby/Hobby's 8th Texas Infantry Regiment, C.S.A. (approx. 0.2 miles away); Refugio County Courthouse (approx. 0.2 miles away); Refugio County (approx. 0.2 miles away); Empresario James Power (approx. 0.2 miles away); Sally Scull (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Refugio.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 29, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. This page has been viewed 696 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 29, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.