Blount Springs in Blount County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Here fashionable ladies and gentlemen of the South vacationed with their families.
Erected 1953 by Alabama Historical Association.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Natural Resources.
Location. 33° 55.937′ N, 86° 47.754′ W. Marker is in Blount Springs, Alabama, in Blount County. Marker is at the intersection of U.S. 31 and County Road 7, on the right when traveling north on U.S. 31. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Hayden AL 35079, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 6 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Little School House (approx. 6.1 miles away); History of a Name (approx. 9 miles away); Homesite and Grave of George Powell (approx. 9˝ miles away); Gabriel Hanby, 1786-1826 (approx. 10.4 miles away); History of Locust Fork (approx. 10.4 miles away); General Forrest’s (approx. 10.8 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 30, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. This page has been viewed 1,860 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 30, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.