Burlington in Burlington County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The Burlington Library Association, chartered by King George II in 1757, established an early public library here.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education. A significant historical year for this entry is 1757.
Location. 40° 4.737′ N, 74° 51.646′ W. Marker is in Burlington, New Jersey, in Burlington County. Marker is on West Union Street, 0.1 miles east of Wood Street, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Burlington NJ 08016, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Ockanickon (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); 218-220 High Street (about 500 feet away); Grant House (about 600 feet away); Office of the Council of Proprietors and the Surveyor General (about 600 feet away); Important Men of 206 High Street, Burlington (about 600 feet away); Old St. Mary's Church (about 600 feet away); The Cottage 1872 (about 700 feet away); St. Mary's Churchyard (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Burlington.
Also see . . . City of Burlington. City website homepage (Submitted on August 1, 2010, by Deb Hartshorn of Burlington County, New Jersey.)
Credits. This page was last revised on December 16, 2021. It was originally submitted on August 1, 2010, by Deb Hartshorn of Burlington County, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 521 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 1, 2010, by Deb Hartshorn of Burlington County, New Jersey. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.