North Newport News in Newport News, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Warwick County Confederate Monument
Unveiled May 27, 1909
Topics. This historical marker monument is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil.
Location. 37° 7.789′ N, 76° 32.512′ W. Marker is in North Newport News in Newport News, Virginia. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Old Courthouse Way and Courthouse Drive, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1401 Old Courthouse Way, Newport News VA 23608, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Warwick Courthouse (a few steps from this marker); a different marker also named Warwick Courthouse (a few steps from this marker); Warwick Court House (within shouting distance of this marker); Olivet Christian Church (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Windmill Point (approx. 0.9 miles away); Two USCT Heroes (approx. 1.2 Providence Mennonite Church (approx. 2.1 miles away); Young’s Mill (approx. 2.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in North Newport News.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 17, 2020. It was originally submitted on August 4, 2010, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia. This page has been viewed 875 times since then and 80 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 4, 2010, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia.