Tulsa in Tulsa County, Oklahoma — The American South (West South Central)
First Oil Well in Tulsa County
Erected 1949 by Oklahoma Historical Society.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Oklahoma Historical Society series list.
Location. 36° 6.274′ N, 96° 1.396′ W. Marker is in Tulsa, Oklahoma, in Tulsa County. Marker is on Southwest Boulevard (State Highway 66) south of West 41st Street South, in the median. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 4244 Southwest Boulevard, Tulsa OK 74107, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Red Fork (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Crystal City (approx. ¼ mile away); Route 66 Historical Village (approx. half a mile away); Clinton Heights (approx. 0.6 miles away); Sapulpa Road (approx. 1.1 miles away); Tulsa's First Oil Strike (approx. 1.3 miles away); Quanah Retail Center (approx. 1.9 miles away); West Tulsa (approx. 2.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Tulsa.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 21, 2020. It was originally submitted on August 7, 2010, by Tim Connor of Owasso, Oklahoma. This page has been viewed 1,473 times since then and 29 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on August 7, 2010, by Tim Connor of Owasso, Oklahoma. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A photo of the marker and the surrounding area in context. • Can you help?