Windsor in Essex County, Ontario — Central Canada
The Francois Baby House
Erected by Historic Sites and Monuments Board of Canada.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War of 1812. In addition, it is included in the Canada, Historic Sites and Monuments Board series list. A significant historical month for this entry is July 1812.
Location. 42° 19.1′ N, 83° 2.531′ W. Marker is in Windsor, Ontario, in Essex County. Marker is on Pitt Street West west of Ferry Street, on the right when traveling west. This historical marker is located in the middle of the block, on the north side of the Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 254 Pitt Street West, Windsor ON N9A 5L5, Canada. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Battle of Windsor - 1838 (a few steps from this marker); The Detroit River (about 150 meters away, measured in a direct line); The Rt. Hon. Herb Gray, PC., C.C., Q.C. (approx. 0.2 kilometers away); French Settlement on the South Shore (approx. 0.2 kilometers away); Original Home of Major F.A. Tilston V.C. Armoury (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); The Great Western Railway (approx. 0.4 kilometers away); The Underground Railroad in Canada (approx. half a kilometer away); Detroit River Heritage (approx. 0.9 kilometers away in the U.S.). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Windsor.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. To better understand the relationship, study each marker in the order shown.
Also see . . .
1. The François Baby Residence:How it became Windsor's Community Museum. This is a link to information provided by the times magazine archive site. (Submitted on August 11, 2010, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.)
2. François Baby House. This is a link to information provided by Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. (Submitted on August 11, 2010, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.)
Credits. This page was last revised on August 16, 2017. It was originally submitted on August 11, 2010, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 1,343 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 11, 2010, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.