Georgetown in Williamson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Built in 1903, this house was owned by a succession of area ranchers. J.M. Page had the home built for his family, but sold it to his brother-in-law Thomas Decrow in 1903. The home was purchased in 1920 by Horace M. Weir, and in the 1930s a polo training center was operated on the property. A Georgetown landmark, the Queen Anne style home features an octagonal tower, two-tiered wraparound porch, and a two-story by window.
Erected 1988 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 9370.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1903.
Location. 30° 37.408′ N, 97° 41.483′ W. Marker is in Georgetown, Texas, in Williamson County. Marker is on South IH 35 0.2 miles north of Leander Road (Ranch to Market Road 2243). Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2000 South IH 35, Georgetown TX 78628, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. William Cornelius Dalrymple (approx. 0.9 miles away); John McQueen Taylor (approx. 0.9 miles away); Marsh F. Smith House Cooper Sansom House (approx. 1.1 miles away); Inner Space Cavern (approx. 1.1 miles away); First Baptist Church Georgetown (approx. 1.1 miles away); Harrell-Stone House (approx. 1.2 miles away); C.C. and Mattie Hughes Cody House (approx. 1.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Georgetown.
Also see . . . Page-Decrow-Weir House. (Submitted on December 3, 2009.)
Credits. This page was last revised on December 15, 2020. It was originally submitted on November 29, 2009, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 741 times since then and 16 times this year. Last updated on August 17, 2010, by Jane Best of Georgetown, Texas. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 29, 2009, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13. submitted on January 18, 2010, by Sharon N. Goodman of Round Rock, Texas. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.