Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Near Franklin in Pendleton County, West Virginia — The American South (Appalachia)
 

Confederate Prayer Service

Pendleton County Civil War Landmark

 
 
Confederate Prayer Service Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Craig Swain, July 10, 2010
1. Confederate Prayer Service Marker
Inscription.  Near this site, in May 1862, following the battle of Mcdowell, General "Stonewall" Jackson received orders to return to the Shenandoah Valley while attending church service with the army.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & ReligionWar, US Civil. A significant historical date for this entry is May 8, 1862.
 
Location. This marker has been replaced by another marker nearby. It was located near 38° 37.066′ N, 79° 20.762′ W. Marker was near Franklin, West Virginia, in Pendleton County. Marker was at the intersection of U.S. 220 and Macks Cabins Lane, on the right when traveling north on U.S. 220. Touch for map. Marker was in this post office area: Franklin WV 26807, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this location, measured as the crow flies. Jackson's Prayer Service (here, next to this marker); Devonian Shale (approx. Ό mile away); Destruction of Saltpeter Works (approx. 1.7 miles away); Trout Rock Fort (approx. 1.7 miles away); Civil War Soldiers Monument (approx. 1.8 miles away); McCoy House
Confederate Prayer Service Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Craig Swain, July 10, 2010
2. Confederate Prayer Service Marker
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 1.8 miles away); Pendleton County World War I Memorial (approx. 1.8 miles away); Franklin (approx. 1.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Franklin.
 
More about this marker. This marker was replaced by a new one named "Jackson's Prayer Service" (see nearby markers).
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on September 2, 2021. It was originally submitted on August 17, 2010, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,029 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on August 17, 2010, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=34530

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
Paid Advertisements
 
 

Aug. 19, 2022