Parsons in Tucker County, West Virginia — The American South (Appalachia)
Tucker County Courthouse
Architect - Frank Pierce Milburn
— Built 1898 - c. 1900 —
The original county seat at St. George was forcibly moved to Parsons at night on August 1, 1893. With the construction of the brick courthouse hopes of the return to St. George were lost forever.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Government & Politics.
Location. 39° 5.812′ N, 79° 40.813′ W. Marker is in Parsons, West Virginia, in Tucker County. Marker is at the intersection of 1st Street (U.S. 219) and Walnut Street, on the right when traveling east on 1st Street. Located on the side of the Tucker County Courthouse. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Parsons WV 26287, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Williams v. Board of Education Case (a few steps from this marker); Corrick's Ford Battle (a few steps from this marker); Parsons / Corrick's Ford (within shouting distance of this marker); Corricks Ford Battlefield (approx. half a mile away); The Corrick House Corricks Ford (approx. 0.6 miles away); This Stone Commemorates the Battle of Corricks Ford (approx. 0.7 miles away); a different marker also named Corrick's Ford (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Parsons.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 9, 2020. It was originally submitted on August 20, 2010, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 643 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on August 20, 2010, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.