Logansville in Logan County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Logan County, On Top of Ohio
Built during the War of 1812 about a mile north by an independent rifle company commanded by Joseph Vance. The two 20-foot buildings were connected with a common second story and were well provided with portholes. Vance later became governor.
[West Side of Marker]
After General Hull's defeat at Detroit, the U.S. government sent soldiers to protect colonists from Indians favorable to the British. Block houses were built along the Greenville Treaty Line: Mannery, McPherson, Curry, Zanetown, and Vance.
Erected 1955 by Logan County Historical Society.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Forts or Castles • Settlements & Settlers • War of 1812.
Location. 40° 20.774′ N, 83° 55.713′ W. Marker is in Logansville, Ohio, in Logan County. Marker is at the intersection of Ohio Route 47 and White Oak Street, on the right when traveling west on State Route 47. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: De Graff OH 43318, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within DeGraff, Ohio Veterans Memorial (approx. 2.1 miles away); Quincy Ohio Veterans Memorial (approx. 3.3 miles away); Curry Blockhouse / Shawnee Village “Oldtown” (approx. 3.3 miles away); Old Quincy School (approx. 3.9 miles away); Beehive Community Church (approx. 4.8 miles away); Pigeon Town / Shawnee Village Site (approx. 5.9 miles away); Bellefontaine Airport Pylon (approx. 6 miles away); Seneca Council House / Indian Reservation (approx. 7.4 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 28, 2010, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 1,108 times since then and 62 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on August 28, 2010, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.