Florence in Lauderdale County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
In addition to health wares: window glass, paints, seeds, musical instruments and other sundries were dispensed.
The building remained a pharmacy until 1979. In 1982 it was renovated by the Southall family and Byron Bower for combined commercial/residential use with John Mott, AIA, Ft. Smith, Arkansas, architect. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1980.
Erected by Florence Historical Board, Florence, Alabama.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1900.
Location. 34° 48.066′ N, 87° 40.598′ W. Marker is in Florence, Alabama, in Lauderdale County. Marker is at the intersection of North Court Street and East Mobile Street on North Court Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 201 N Court St, Florence AL 35630, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 City of Florence (within shouting distance of this marker); Downtown Florence Historic District (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Founding of Florence (about 400 feet away); Wheeler Rifles (about 500 feet away); Dred Scott (about 500 feet away); Original Site of FAME Recording Studio (about 600 feet away); Justice John McKinley Federal Building (about 600 feet away); Karsner-Kennedy House (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Florence.
Credits. This page was last revised on March 31, 2020. It was originally submitted on September 1, 2010, by Sandra Hughes Tidwell of Killen, Alabama, USA. This page has been viewed 934 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 1, 2010, by Sandra Hughes Tidwell of Killen, Alabama, USA. 3, 4. submitted on March 31, 2020, by Lugnuts of Germantown, Wisconsin. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.