Lost Creek in Harrison County, West Virginia — The American South (Appalachia)
B & O Depot
Erected 1996 by Lost Creek Community Organizations and the West Virginia Department of Archives and History.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Railroads & Streetcars. In addition, it is included in the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad (B&O), and the West Virginia Archives and History series lists. A significant historical year for this entry is 1892.
Location. 39° 9.656′ N, 80° 21.171′ W. Marker is in Lost Creek, West Virginia, in Harrison County. Marker is at the intersection of Lost Creek Road (County Route 25) and West Milford Road (West Virginia Highway 270), on the left when traveling north on Lost Creek Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lost Creek WV 26385, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First M.P. Church (approx. 4½ miles away); Dedicated To All Veterans Gen. Lightburn (approx. 4.6 miles away); “Randolph Mason” (approx. 5 miles away); Veteran Honor Roll (approx. 6.4 miles away); John Hacker’s Settlement (approx. 6.9 miles away); Veterans Memorial (approx. 6.9 miles away); Nutter's Fort (approx. 6.9 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on September 6, 2010, by Karl Stelly of Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 856 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 6, 2010, by Karl Stelly of Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.