Mineral Point in Iowa County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Erected 1964 by the Wisconsin Historical Society. (Marker Number 137.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Wisconsin Historical Society series list. A significant historical month for this entry is July 1836.
Location. 42° 51.598′ N, 90° 10.73′ W. Marker is in Mineral Point, Wisconsin, in Iowa County. Marker is at the intersection of High Street and South Vine Street, on the right when traveling west on High Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 137 High Street, Mineral Point WI 53565, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Site of Fort Jackson (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Shake Rag (approx. 0.2 miles away); Historic Mineral PointLaurence F. Graber (approx. 0.9 miles away); Dodge's Grove and Fort Union (approx. 5 miles away); Fort Defiance (approx. 5.1 miles away); Veterans Memorial (approx. 7.4 miles away); Iowa County Courthouse (approx. 7½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mineral Point.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on June 20, 2010, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 828 times since then and 24 times this year. Last updated on September 6, 2010, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on June 20, 2010, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.