Northport in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Erected 1998 by Alabama Historical Association.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical month for this entry is March 1924.
Location. 33° 13.158′ N, 87° 34.73′ W. Marker is in Northport, Alabama, in Tuscaloosa Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 512 Main Avenue, Northport AL 35476, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Northport First United Methodist Church (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Home Guard Defended Covered Bridge / Bridging The Black Warrior River (approx. 0.4 miles away); Captain Benjamin F. Eddins (approx. half a mile away); Medeiros Point (approx. half a mile away); Horace King (approx. 0.6 miles away); Burns’ Shoals (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Black Warrior River (approx. 0.6 miles away); Navigation and Shipbuilding On The Black Warrior River (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Northport.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 2, 2019. It was originally submitted on September 6, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. This page has been viewed 972 times since then and 59 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 6, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.