Gettysburg in Adams County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Western Maryland Station
train arrived November 18th, 1863.
After the dedication of the National
Cemetery and the delivery of the
Gettysburg Address on November 19th,
the train departed from this station.
Erected by Lincoln Fellowship of Pennsylvania.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Railroads & Streetcars • War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the Former U.S. Presidents: #16 Abraham Lincoln series list. A significant historical date for this entry is November 18, 1914.
Location. 39° 49.923′ N, 77° 13.845′ W. Marker is in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, in Adams County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Carlisle Street (U.S. BUS 15) and W Railroad Street, on the left when traveling south. Marker is located on the east side of the Gettysburg Railroad Depot. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Gettysburg PA 17325, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Gettysburg College (a few steps from this marker); The Sheads-Buehler Building (a few steps from Hub of History (within shouting distance of this marker); Gettysburg College's Majestic Theater (within shouting distance of this marker); The Majestic Theater (within shouting distance of this marker); "It seemed so awful..." (within shouting distance of this marker); "by the skin of our teeth" (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Lincoln Square Building (about 300 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Gettysburg.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on September 13, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 808 times since then and 33 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on September 13, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey. 5. submitted on September 5, 2013, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey.