Beverly in Burlington County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Dunk’s Ferry Bicentennial Memorial
1776 * 1976
first ferries was operated from
circa 1695 to late 19th century.
During Revolutionary times, it was
used by Washington and his troops.
This area was called “Dunks Ferry”
before Beverly, N.J. was founded.
Dedicated Sept. 20, 1975
City of Beverly Bicentennial Committee
Erected 1975 by City of Beverly Bicentennial Committee.
Marker series. This marker is included in the The Spirit of ’76, America’s Bicentennial Celebration marker series.
Location. 40° 4.127′ N, 74° 55.342′ W. Marker is in Beverly, New Jersey, in Burlington County. Marker is at the intersection of Broad Street and Bank Road, on the right when traveling north on Broad Street. Marker is located in Memorial Park, on the Delaware River. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Beverly NJ 08010, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Beverly Veterans (a few steps from this marker); World War (approx. 0.4 miles away); Tides at Neshaminy Memorial Field (approx. ľ mile away); Avenue of Flags (approx. one mile away); Katharine Drexel (approx. 1.9 miles away in Pennsylvania); "Babe" Ruth (approx. 2 miles away); Andalusia (approx. 2.1 miles away in Pennsylvania). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Beverly.
Topics. This marker is included in this topic list: War, US Revolutionary
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 18, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 1,408 times since then and 31 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on September 18, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.