Burlington in Burlington County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
New St. Mary’s
architect Richard Upjohn,
is one of the earliest
cruciform structures in
America. Completed, 1854.
Erected by State of New Jersey.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion.
Location. 40° 4.616′ N, 74° 51.692′ W. Marker is in Burlington, New Jersey, in Burlington County. Marker is on W Broad Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Burlington NJ 08016, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Founding of St. Mary’s Parish (here, next to this marker); Old St. Mary’s (within shouting distance of this marker); Elias Boudinot (within shouting distance of this marker); Grant House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Office of the Council of Proprietors and the Surveyor General (about 500 feet away); Free Library (about 800 feet away); Ockanickon (about 800 feet away); Center of Arts and Culture (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Burlington.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on September 19, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 481 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 19, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.