Waterbury in New Haven County, Connecticut — The American Northeast (New England)
Pearl Harbor Memorial Bridge
[ south side of bridge ]
Remember Pearl Harbor
Keep America Alert!
Who Made The Supreme Sacrifice
During The Attack On Pearl Harbor
07:55 AM, 7 December 1941
The Leopoldville Memorial Association
And The Waterbury Veterans
Memorial Committee On December 7, 1998
[ north side of bridge ]
Pearl Harbor December 7, 1941
[ emblem on the plaque ]
Erected 1998 by The Leopoldville Memorial Association and the Waterbury Veterans Memorial Committee.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, World II. A significant historical date for this entry is December 7, 1941.
Location. 41° 33.186′ N, 73° 3.14′ W. Marker is in Waterbury, Connecticut, in New Haven County. Marker is at the intersection of Freight Street aka Veterans Memorial Boulevard and Riverside Street, on the right when traveling west on Freight Street aka Veterans Memorial Boulevard. Located on the walls of the Freight Street bridge over the Naugatuck River. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Waterbury CT 06702, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Dedicated to the Memory of the Unknown Dead (approx. 0.3 miles away); John Lyman Chatfield (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Cemetery on Burying Ground HillReverend Michael Joseph McGivney (approx. 0.3 miles away); Revolutionary War Tercentennial Memorial (approx. 0.3 miles away); World War I Memorial (approx. 0.4 miles away); Great War For Democracy Memorial (approx. 0.4 miles away); They Did Not Come Home (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Waterbury.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on September 22, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. This page has been viewed 2,396 times since then and 65 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on September 22, 2010, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.