Lufkin in Angelina County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Erected 1994 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 7007.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1882.
Location. 31° 16.249′ N, 94° 45.213′ W. Marker is in Lufkin, Texas, in Angelina County. Marker is on Farm to Market Road 324, one mile west of U.S. 59, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lufkin TX 75901, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this markerFairview School (approx. 2½ miles away); Burke School (approx. 2.8 miles away); Whitehouse Cemetery (approx. 2.9 miles away); Burke Methodist Church (approx. 2.9 miles away); City of Lufkin (approx. 3.8 miles away); First Christian Church of Lufkin (approx. 3.9 miles away); Ryan Chapel (approx. 4.2 miles away); Lindsey Springs Logging Camp (approx. 4.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lufkin.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on September 23, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. This page has been viewed 1,404 times since then and 28 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 23, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.