Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Osceola in Mississippi County, Arkansas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Patterson Store

 
 
Patterson Store Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Craig Swain, August 31, 2010
1. Patterson Store Marker
Inscription.  Established in 1904 the Fred G. Patterson Store was famous as a general mercantile, specializing in shoes and cotton pick sacks. A shoe at the entrance indicated the store was open for business. In 1993 the family donated the buildings for use as a historical center. The original fixtures are part of the museum and a shoe is still used to indicate the museum is open.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1904.
 
Location. 35° 42.17′ N, 89° 58.159′ W. Marker is in Osceola, Arkansas, in Mississippi County. Marker is at the intersection of West Hale Avenue and South Poplar Street, on the right when traveling east on West Hale Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Osceola AR 72370, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Billy Lee Riley (a few steps from this marker); Jimmy "Popeye" Thomas (a few steps from this marker); Willie Bloom (a few steps from this marker); Coston Building (a few steps from this marker); Son Seals (a few steps from this marker);
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
Albert King (a few steps from this marker); Reggie Young (a few steps from this marker); Mississippi County Courthouse (a few steps from this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Osceola.
 
Patterson Store and Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Craig Swain, August 31, 2010
2. Patterson Store and Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on October 2, 2010, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 828 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on October 2, 2010, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=36425

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 21, 2024