Fort Washington in Prince George's County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Prince George’s County
St. John's Church
— Erected 1723 —
Credible evidence and honest
tradition record that
attended services here on
Erected 1932 by St. John's Church Congregation, George Washington Bi-Centennial.
Marker series. This marker is included in the George Washington Slept Here marker series.
Location. 38° 45.399′ N, 77° 0.013′ W. Marker is in Fort Washington, Maryland, in Prince George's County. Marker is on Broad Creek Church Road 0.1 miles south of Oxon Hill Road, on the right when traveling south. Marker is on the grounds of the church. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 9801 Livingston Road, Fort Washington MD 20744, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. 40 Members of the Col. John Addison Family (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Broad Creek Historic District (approx. 0.9 miles away); Site of Silesia School (approx. 1.3 miles away); Fort Foote (approx. 1.6 miles away); “Coach” James W. Crawford (approx. Fort Foote (approx. 1.7 miles away); King's Depression Carriage (approx. 1.7 miles away); Northwest Bastion (approx. 1.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Washington.
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Colonial Era •
More. Search the internet for Prince George’s County.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 15, 2020. This page originally submitted on November 18, 2007, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 2,076 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on November 18, 2007, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. 2. submitted on December 18, 2007, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. 3. submitted on November 18, 2007, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. 4. submitted on January 9, 2020, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland.