Augusta in Richmond County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
The Sisters of Saint Joseph In Augusta
Erected 2006 by The Georgia Historical Society and Saint Mary on the Hill Catholic Church. (Marker Number 121-11.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Charity & Public Work • Education. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1912.
Location. 33° 28.547′ N, 82° 1.655′ W. Marker Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Augusta GA 30904, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Walker Family Cemetery (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Augusta Arsenal (approx. 0.2 miles away); Stephen Vincent Benet House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Augusta College Three Original Arsenal Buildings (approx. ¼ mile away); The Bell at Augusta State University (approx. ¼ mile away); Bellevue (approx. ¼ mile away); Augusta State University (approx. 0.3 miles away); a different marker also named The Augusta Arsenal (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Augusta.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on October 8, 2010, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 896 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on October 8, 2010, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.